Mansfield, TX asked in Family Law and Child Support for Pennsylvania

Q: PA: Can I sue my x for 25,000 in back support. He has a sizable inheritance. court has only ordered him to pay $50/mo.

He is on disability, which is why his child support is only $50/month. at that rate we will all be dead before he makes even a dent in the $25,000. He has just inherited a sizable amount of money, so can I sue him for the back support? He and his wife/girlfriend have done everything that they can to hide $ from domestic relations, keep his name off of things, like their house, so that he gets out of paying what he owes his kids. Also, can I put a lien against the house for the back support even though his name is not on the deed? He lives there full time with her and also works on the house to upgrade it. He says they are not legally married but the wear wedding rings.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Look to modify the previous agreement to reflect his new asset. As to a lien, I would imagine the state Child Support Enforcement Division would be able to tell you that.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.