Springfield, MO asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Missouri

Q: In Missouri, is a pentente lite the same as a pendente lite?

1 Lawyer Answer
Spencer Williams
Spencer Williams
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Saint Charles, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: A motion pendente lite is latin for "pending the litigation". The motion requests orders while a case is pending such as custody, visitation, child support or maintenance orders in divorce litigation. Pendente lite motions are often abbreviated as "PDL". Those temporary orders are only in place until a final judgment is entered (or modified by subsequent pendente lite order).

It is likely someone that wrote "pentente" lite simply made a spelling mistake.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.