Philadelphia, PA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Appeal a felony gun charge as an authorized concealed to carry citizen.

Due to ongoing disputes with my neighbor and family members, I used my concealed to carry gun on my property. This was my first offense. My bail was excessive and the harassment in jail was unbearable so I plead guilty to 23 1/2 months and fours of probation. I would like to appeal my case, request a pardon and have my files expunged. I currently hold a BA and worked for twenty-six years in the private sector. I believe the charge and bail was excessive since no one died, I plead guilty, never had any previous charges or currently. I need my life restored. I don't deserve to be viewed as a criminal or violent when the charge in itself was excessive and discriminatory. I was employed by the private sector for over twenty years, earned a Bachelor of Science and would like to have my life restored to normal since I am beyond the shadow of doubt in no way a threat to society.

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles William Michaels
Charles William Michaels
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Baltimore, MD

A: You entered a guilty plea--generally, a charge for which you plead guilty cannot be appealed. If you have any cause to set aside that guilty plea, that has to be done in the trial court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.