Orlando, FL asked in DUI / DWI for Florida

Q: What if public defender did nothing at all for my case,case, was not able to see any evidence state has,?

I was not even able to submit evidence,p.d. said to late in the game,when I had been insisting from day one. I was arrested for d.u.i last August 10,2020,still have not been to trial,had nelson hearing,lost,p.d. lied saying I was not able to see evidence due to a technical issue on my part,What,? I have been to court 9 times now ,continuance for state,now I paid an attorney who is worse,actually accusing me of being on drugs as I had to keep calling to see what he planned,he would not answer me,as he was at his house,in the pool ,and was drinking,his secretary told me when I called his office,so I immediately drove to the office to fire him and owner or chief attorney talked me into letting him get me another attorney,which was a huge mistake,as at first I told him that would beconflict,now I'm still waiting for my case to go trial w a incompetent lawyer,I can't afford another one

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin John Mawn
Kevin John Mawn
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Titusville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your facts suggest that there may be a problem other than your representation. Since you have not been to trial, you are still able to submit evidence at your trial. The fact that you were denied relief by the court indicates the PD was not ineffective as you were suggesting. You took the right action by hiring another lawyer; however, you are now dissatisfied with that lawyer. You were then given another lawyer by the firm and claim that he is also incompetent. Some Clients are just never satisfied; hopefully, you are not one of them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.