Erie, PA asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Pennsylvania

Q: My 11 yr old son has lived w me for 3 yrs. his mom stil has custody. Can she just take him back for no reason

Shes $3000 in arrears. I signed him up for cyber school but shes trying to take him back so she doesnt have to pay. She even went and signed him up for another school near her. Can she do this??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: The order stating the mom has custody is valid and in force until the court issues a new order. It is likely the mom can take the child. You can file a motion/petition to change the custody.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.