Lock Haven, PA asked in Employment Law and Elder Law for Pennsylvania

Q: My job is a caregiver

I recently switched company's and my client I had with my old company changed to the current company I'm with now before I started there the client in question wants me to still be their caregiver and I would too but we both signed a paper in short that can't happen until a year has passed is there a way I can work for that client again my new company is fine with it but I don't want to my old company to sue me or the client they are like family to me and the old company would go after them because they have money.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: It sounds like you have a non-compete and/or non-solicitation agreement with your former employer. If the agreement is enforceable, and you violate the terms, your former employer can sue you and your new employer. You should have your contract containing the non-compete/non-solicitation provisions reviewed by an employment attorney in your area to discuss your options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.