Boonville, MO asked in Traffic Tickets for Missouri

Q: what should i do for this speeding citation?

i’m 17, 18 on december 29th. according to the officer, i was going 102 in a 70 zone and was issued a court date for november. this is my first offense. i also use the life360 app which states my top speed was 94mph. what should i do/expect?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA

A: Whether you were going 102, 94 or 71, it is still speeding in a 70 zone. Additionally, you do not indicate what you were cited for----was it for speeding or was it for reckless operation, which is a more serious charge. What you should do at a minimum is consult with a traffic ticket lawyer or a few of them in your area about representing you in this matter----and hopefully, then hire the one with whom you are most comfortable. Having a lawyer is most likely the best opportunity for you to mitigate this situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.