Mobile, AL asked in Car Accidents for Louisiana

Q: On my way to work in the oil field and I live in Texas I was driving to rig through Louisiana and hit a gate no one

There to speak with had to get to rig but next day spoke with lady I fixed her gate but Caddo parish La filed hit and run against me. What can I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Louisiana attorney should advise here, but your post remains open for a week and the clock is ticking on your answering the hit and run. You could reach out to local attorneys in Louisiana to discuss your response, and whether it could be handled without your appearance, since you're in Texas. If the lady you spoke with is willing to support your story, that could be useful in your defense. If you hire an attorney, it's possible they could ask her to sign an affidavit or some kind of brief statement about your good faith actions. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.