Atlanta, GA asked in Child Support for Georgia

Q: I need help with figuring out child support stuff after a move

Myself and my child’s mom moved out of the state where child support was started she hasn’t reported her move to the state what do I need to do to cover my end of things it’s a whole mess to the reason we are in this issue I do not mind paying child support but to be honest I would like more time with my child I don’t believe I deserve to be hit the way I have been when the issue wasn’t on my end in the first place?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should work with an attorney who can help you with the child support and getting you more time with your child. In the mean time, save all documentation that you are paying child support, just in case there are any issues that arise. Keep records.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.