Denver, CO asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Colorado

Q: Can i file contempt against my ex-wife for disrespectful communication that goes against our parenting plan?

My ex-wife and i have a parenting plan set up from our divorce 2 years ago. The plan specifically states that communication must be respectful, and she has constantly harassed me over the last year and a half. I have attempted to file harassment charges through our local police department, and as well attempted to file a civil protection order, and both have been denied. I am trying to figure out what to do to protect my mental health, as all of the demeaning comments have increased my depression and anxiety. I don't know what to do anymore, and hiring a lawyer is way to expensive for me. Please help.

1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: It really depends on the exact language of the agreement and "disrespectful" is a pretty vague term. You might try Colorado Legal Services for pro bono legal assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.