Lawrenceville, GA asked in Wrongful Death for Georgia

Q: My mother was killed by cartersville medical center on June 15, 2018. They gave her to much potassium. How can I sue.

This is wrongful death, they caused her cardiac arrest.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Craig Johnson
Nelson Craig Johnson
  • Birmingham, AL
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should seek out legal counsel and provide them with the medical records to review. This will be a Medical Malpractice case which requires showing the doctors/nurses breach the standard of care and caused injury to the patient as a result of that breach. If the attorney believes there was a breach after review of the records he will be able to assist you in filing a lawsuit for medical malpractice.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.