Lenhartsville, PA asked in Divorce, Family Law and Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania

Q: My wife walked out with no warning. She said she would help pay for what's also in her name. Now she refuses to.

I was forced to take early retirement because of my back. I am barely getting by because of her refusal to help pay for what is also in her name. She told me in writing she would help pay but now refuses to. Is there anything I can do about this? Do I have any options to make her help with the bills. Specifically property and school taxes and also our car payment.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You need to speak with a domestic relations attorney in your county. They can best advise you as to your options.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.