Hammond, IN asked in Elder Law and Family Law for Indiana

Q: Hi my husband is only child His mother given poa to nephew She has dementia They trying to put her in home

They are trying to put her in nursing home without notifying my husband.

Also they are trying to take her money out back

And sell her property. They are trying to keep it hush. Can they put her in home without his consent. Again he is only child.

Because while she was in and out they got her to put restraining order on him is that still good now that dementia has taken over. We have never been served with any pepper work tho

She lives in tn

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Troy Tyson
Troy Tyson

A: Unfortunately your question is not clearly enough posed to give any type of substantive answer. It might be a good idea to sit down with an experience probate or family attorney, to discuss your case in detail and get the answers you are looking for.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.