Monongahela, PA asked in Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania

Q: i live in pennsylvania my dad lives in north carolina he wants to tranfer a deed into my name can we do that in pa

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: The Deed needs to comport with the State in which the land lies. So hire an attorney to draft the Deed in that State and County where it will be recorded.

Nellie T Schulz agrees with this answer

Nellie T Schulz
Nellie T Schulz
  • Philadlephia, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Mr Avery has provided you perfect advice.

I would add only that both Pennsylvania and Florida have seen an extraordinary rise in the number of fraudulent deeds, so don’t be surprised if the acknowledgment and recording processes have new, strict rules.

If the property is located in Pennsylvania, you may want to be aware of the fact that its legislature recently passed a new law making its acknowledgment rules stricter. The acknowledgement is a part of the deed which is signed, typically, by a licensed notary public as proof of the identity of the Grantor and as a witness to the Grantor’s actual signing of the deed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.