Asked in Probate for Missouri

Q: Do I have to be there to sign for the sale of the house that was willed to me and my brother my sister

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lloyd M. Nolan
Lloyd M. Nolan
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: That question cannot be adequately answered without more information, such as: Is this actually "willed" to you and your brother and sister, OR is has it actually passed to you immediately by virtue of a non-probate transfer device, such as a Beneficiary Deed. Is there actually an open estate and has a personal representative or administrator been granted letters testamentary (authority granted by the court to handle the estate). Rather than sending more facts and information through this website, I strongly urge you to immediately contact an attorney who specializes in Missouri Probate Cases so that you can have the attorney evaluate your particular situation with a fuller and comprehensive understanding of all the facts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.