Orland Park, IL asked in Divorce, Domestic Violence and Family Law for Florida

Q: I am looking for a divorce lawyer, family law,and domestic abuse for my niece. She lives in Port St. Lucie Florida.

My niece has 3 girls and is married to a man that has been abusing her and the girls for years. She and the girls are finally safe living with her mother in Port St. Lucie Florida! This man has restraining orders against him from his own mother and father, and now sister. I need a lawyer to help my niece get a divorce and feel safe again. Who can you recommend for this family?

1 Lawyer Answer
Laura E. Kenney
Laura E. Kenney
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Jupiter, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: As a former prosecutor who specialized in domestic violence crimes I am well aware of the complexities facing a woman in your niece's situation. I am glad to hear she has an injunction protecting her and the children. Divorces with family violence must be carefully navigated. Please contact me through my profile and I will be happy to help your niece.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.