New York, NY asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: Children and Youth services of Pennsylvania. What are my rights?

Children and Youth services of Pennsylvania showed up to my house because my daughter missed the forst week of school because her father tested positive of covid 19, and we didnt want to spread the virus. Whoeever called CYS also stated that they think possible drug use is involved because of the way i looked anytime they have seen me. So now Cys is asking myself and my husband to submit to drug testing. We have refused twice now, but my husband is starting to think the only way to get them to go away is to take and pass thier drug test. Are they legally allowed to make us take a drug test?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter Christopher Lomtevas
Peter Christopher Lomtevas PRO label
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: The government is legally allowed to do anything it wants. The government has agents, it has courts, and it writes the rules. The CPS can offer drug testing several times and then clamp down by removing the kids. A failure to take a test and pass it is evidence of drug use, and drug use is incompatible with parenting children. The CPS "protects" children.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.