Tellico Plains, TN asked in Estate Planning for Georgia

Q: Q: My 1/2 sister took our 95 year old dad to her lawyer and changed his will after being on Alzheimer’s medicine for 7y.

There was an original will and everything was to be divided equally between us 3 but now it’s only her name to have his estate.

My dad did pass away 11/2020. My other sister and I filled A grievance with the probate court over they will.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert W. Hughes Jr.
Robert W. Hughes Jr.
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: While you do not ask a question, I assume you want to know what to do. Until your father passes away and his will is offered for probate there is nothing you can do. Once the will is offered for probate, you should challenge the will by filing a Caveat to it in the probate court where the will is filed. You should retain a probate lawyer with experience in challenging wills. It can be a very complicated area of practice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.