Scottsbluff, NE asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Colorado

Q: What can i do when one of my witnesses wants to withdraw from testimony, after being harassed?

Im in Colorado. I i have a final orders hearing in my custody case on oct 13th. Ive entered my witness list and now my babysitter wants to withdraw from being called as a witness because of retaliation from the petitioners family.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You can subpoena her which means that she will be in contempt of court if she does not testify and she can report harassment to the police. She can also choose not to respond to contacts from people engaging in harassing behavior. Whether you want to put her in the position of having to testify is a different matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.