Tampa, FL asked in Family Law and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: Can I be abused of kidnapping if the mother got arrested for domestic battery against me? Child is with my mom in Ga

I’m from Ga living in FL and my mother has offered a safe place for my child to go seeing as how the mother of my child got arrested yesterday for violence against me and do not want to be risking it anymore around my child in the same house as well with our names on it. She is now bonded out and threatening to accuse kidnapping but I’m only trying to do what’s safe for my child I have nobody or family in Florida and my son was born in GA as well and lived with my mother before with me. I have the custody papers filled out just have to wait until Monday to turn them in when they’re open.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I think you mean 'accused of kidnapping". She could accuse you, but it's extremely unlikely that anyone will take the accusation seriously.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.