Wellsville, NY asked in Criminal Law for New Jersey

Q: I received a $50 trespassing on railroad property ticket in north Bergen new Jersey back in 2016.

For not paying I received a warrant and had my license suspended. Would I still have the warrant and would I be able to work on getting my license back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amber Forrester
Amber Forrester
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Flemington, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: It’s very unlikely that the warrant would have been rescinded without being addressed. You should contact the court to find out how you might go about handling the warrant, and the original ticket (though if it’s trespassing, it’s probably not simply a ticket you can pay but a lower level criminal offense that needs to be resolved), which would be steps toward getting your license unsuspended. Your best option would be to call an experienced criminal defense attorney who handles matters like this all the time and can no doubt streamline the process while resolving it to your benefit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.