Columbia, TN asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Tennessee

Q: How can you write an objection to a subpoena? Who do you turn it in to? Why does the GAL need all my personal records?

I was served a subpoena to produce all records and recordings of a child I have custody of and both of the child's parents.... including pictures, reports and video recordings. Both parents are working to get the child back. I'm keeping the child out of DCS custody until one or both parents get custody.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You can file a Motion to Quash the Subpoena Duces Tecum, but I seriously doubt Juvenile Court will listen to you. The Subpoena sounds broad but probably legally sufficient.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.