Sedalia, MO asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Missouri

Q: Both parents are in jail need to get custody of grandchild

Please help us

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Spencer Williams
Spencer Williams
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Saint Charles, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Consider filing a Petition for Guardianship and/or a Petition for Third Party Custody. I suggest discussing these options with an attorney in your area. Generally the Guardianship will be heard faster and there are options for emergency guardianship depending on the facts surrounding the parents and needs of the child.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.