Dallas, GA asked in DUI / DWI for Georgia

Q: How can I get my limited permit to drive, due to a first dui where it was suspended for a year due to implied consent

Which I wasn’t asked for a test just booked in jail but I had supposedly 30 days to write to the dds but I wasn’t informed I had to to save my license an enable a permit to drive

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Anthony Kozycki
Anthony Kozycki
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tucker, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It is best to get in touch with an experienced DUI attorney who can guide you through the ALS process. As you mentioned, there is a limited time period to request a hearing.

Morris  Margulis
Morris Margulis
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Duluth, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: There is no limited permit available when your license is suspended due to "refusing" implied consent.

You must either attack the suspension in the administrative court or beat the DUI charge in criminal court.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss either of these options further.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.