Independence, MO asked in Family Law for Missouri

Q: My ex-wife is refusing to split costs for daycare and agreed medical expenses, as ordered in our parenting plan.

We have a current court ordered parenting plan stating that my ex-wife and I need to split all costs evenly for medical, daycare and all expenses. My ex-wife is the custodial parent and I pay her child support. She has been lying to me about the costs of the daycare and I have been overpaying and she is refusing to reimburse me. She is also refusing to reimburse for medical expenses that we have both agreed upon.

Is there anything that I can do to enforce these orders? Is this something that I can file a Family Access Motion for?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Spencer Williams
Spencer Williams
  • Saint Charles, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: A Family Access Motion is only for denials of physical custody and visitation. You should look at a Motion for Contempt or the less expensive Motion For Determination of Sums Due and Owing. The Sums Due Motion basically asks the court to do an accounting of what is owed by each party for support related orders. The Sums due has less remedies and options than a full contempt but likely sufficient if you simply want the money you are owed. It is also faster (in many jurisdictions) than a full Contempt hearing.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.