Saint Petersburg, FL asked in Nursing Home Abuse for Florida

Q: Hello, my mother who has been in some type of ALS has had a stroke supposedly over night and was discovered in her curr

She had had several strokes over a time period but the point of contact wasn’t told until this last one. The lady who owns the place has not even had a doctor come at all to assess her situation. I find this reprehensible!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Brevda
Michael Brevda
  • Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I am sorry to hear about Mom. The ALF Residents' Rights provide that every Florida ALF resident has a right to live in a safe and decent living environment, free from abuse and neglect. It sounds like Mom's care was questionable, so you should absolutely investigate. Contact a Florida assisted living facility neglect attorney, and report the facility to DCF by calling 1-800-96ABUSE.

Michael Mayoral agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.