Farmington, MN asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Minnesota

Q: How do I go about getting a new court order for visitation for my custody case? 1st Party refusing to cooperate.

The paternal grandmother of my daughter has custody right now. Over 2 years ago, the court granted me visitation, but she has refused, and/or made it very difficult. She has emotionally abused me and alienated my child from me for 2 years now. I am not allowed to talk to her, send her gifts, I got no texts back, or rude texts back, for the last year, and it was been very emotionally damaging to me. Recently, got into contact with her and she agreed on a date and time for me to see my daughter, but then the day before I was supposed to go, she cancelled and said that my daughter may have covid. But then the next day, and everyday after that, my daughter had attended school, meaning that the grandmother had lied to me. I have all the screenshots and proof.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Corwin Kruse
Corwin Kruse
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: You bring a motion in court asking that the parenting time schedule be modified.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.