Hammond, IN asked in Traffic Tickets for Indiana

Q: My license for double suspended just before my reinstatement payment how can I fix this?

My license was original suspended for a no insurance accident. And I was eligible to pay a reinstatement after six months. Before I paid my reinstatement my license was suspended again for a traffic stop for speeding. It was a he say she say situation. I admitted to the fine because the prosecutors lowered the fine amount and I pleaded guilty to a ticket that had the wrong vehicle listed. Now my license is suspended for a situation where I wasn’t even present in that vehicle. How can this be fixed? And especially with me needing my vehicle for work.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew L. Bennett
Andrew L. Bennett
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Valparaiso, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: It may be possible to set aside the judgment. However, if you are suspended for a proof of insurance violation, even setting aside the judgment may not remove the suspension. You may be eligible for specialized driving privileges if you can not clean up the suspensions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.