Harker Heights, TX asked in Criminal Law, Divorce and Family Law for Colorado

Q: My husband and I were married in TX and shortly after moved to CO. Not long after arriving in CO he became extremely

Controlling and verbally abusive. I left him but neither one of us ever filed for divorce. In the midst of me leaving he stole $6000 from me. I have since moved back to TX and was just informed that he has remarried and confirmed it via records search in El Paso county. Can he be married to both of us? What can I do legally?

1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko PRO label
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: His second marriage is void if you were not divorced. What to do depends on what your goals are.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.