Picayune, MS asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Louisiana

Q: The judge ruled in favor of the defendent on a summary judgement, how do we object to that decision

1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Do you have an attorney? If so, then ask him for a more detailed explanation of this answer, however, you do not provide enough information and details to fully respond to your post. If the summary judgment completely disposed of your case, then you can either seek a motion for new trial with the trial court or you can seek a review of the ruling with the appellate court via an appeal. If the decision did not dispose of your case but was designated as a final judgment then you most likely have the same options. If the decision was not designated as a final judgment, then you might be able to seek a review of the ruling with the appellate court via a writ or you may have to wait until the case concludes----my suggestion is to speak to your lawyer about this. If you do not have a lawyer, then you need to immediate consult with a lawyer as to your options because you most likely have a limited amount of time in which you can seek redress. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.