Caldwell, ID asked in Family Law for Idaho

Q: My ex spouse received stimulus money for child but doesnt even see child. Is there anything i can do about that?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: Does the Stimulus Program dictate that only mother's with minor children at home will receive any money? I could be mistaken, and have been many times, but I don't think Congress created that program for ONLY single mothers, with minor children at home. Are you sure you're not talking about some provision in your Decree of Divorce? Because, that could be an entirely different situation! If there was a provision in your DECREE, then you could file a Motion for Contempt of Court, because he has obviously violated the Court's order. However, that would be the only situation that I could see you could do something negative about his receipt of Stimulus money. Sorry.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.