Buford, GA asked in Divorce for Georgia

Q: If my mom has custody of my daughter could I file uncontested divorce without minor children?

We had our daughter before being married if that makes any difference and my mom has legal guardianship

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: There’s really not enough information here to provide you with guidance. You should consult with an attorney who can review the facts of your case in detail and present you with guidance.

Judith Delus Montgomery
Judith Delus Montgomery
  • East Point, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Family law cases can have a huge impact on virtually every aspect of your life. Whether you’re going through a divorce, a custody battle, an adoption, or any number of related situations, we will be here for you. We help people from all walks of life and have a significant amount of experience representing fathers in divorce and custody cases. We help fathers navigate the treacherous waters of the family law system. Whether a father, a mother, or a spouse with no children, we will provide you with the advice and representation you need to protect yourself and your family.

Filing for Legal Paternity

When seeking to establish paternity of a child, there are several options on how this can be done. The option chosen will depend on who is filing to establish paternity, and whether or not there is any disagreement on the matter.

• Voluntary Acknowledgment – If both the mother and the father seeking paternity agree who the father is, they can each sign a voluntary acknowledgment of paternity. This will suffice to establish paternity. In some cases, however, a parent will want to present additional evidence to help avoid potential challenges in the future.

• Petition the Courts – Another option is for the mother, the father, or any other individual (including the child) or organization with an interest in the case, to start a paternity action. This action will be presented in either the Superior Court or the State Court to hear evidence and decide on the case.

• Department of Human Resources – A third type of case is when the Department of Human Resources files a petition to establish paternity.

Establishing paternity isn’t nearly as easy as many people think that it should be. Having an attorney there by your side to fight for your rights, and ensure your case is successful can be invaluable. Contact The Law Office of Judith Delus, P.A. to go over all your options and begin the process of establishing paternity right here in Georgia. We will work hard to get you the results you’re looking for whether you are a father seeking to confirm paternity, or a mother who wishes to establish the paternity of your child.

We are legal experts who help families navigate the treacherous waters of the family law and immigration legal system without drowning,

Below is the link to the frequently asked questions you may have. We hope to hear from you soon.

Click Frequently Asked Questions, https://atlfamilyimmigrationlaw.com/videos to view a short video about your family law matter.

For more information, visit my website on https://atlfamilyimmigrationlaw.com/

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.