Bossier City, LA asked in Child Support and Family Law for Louisiana

Q: I am a non custodial parent in Louisiana and been paying support for 7 years. The mother and I have reconciled

But during the course of time she became incarcerated then her sister kept the kids for a few months. I've been paying them both child support and neither my daughter(17yrs) or my son(15yrs) live with either of them. We agree on terminating my Child support order. Is that possible? Because I'm currently paying back support to the mother, whom took me to court, and her sister for the same 2 children

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Please call a custody lawyer to do a timeline to see if you owe arrears or not.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.