West Roxbury, MA asked in Criminal Law for Maine

Q: Will prosecution still send evidence if they plan to drop the case?

My husband and I were both charged with endangerment, but everyone agrees there is no case. Even the DA said it was weak and we were "never intentionally negligent" and the law is literally on our side - we didn't break any laws. We left our sons in the car with two cell phones and they wouldn't even open the door for police, my oldest calling as soon as they arrived (some Karen said we abandoned them). The judge split our dates specifically to accommodate our kids. Then they put us back together on ANOTHER appearance (we have pled not guilty 2x and asked for separate jury trials). They said no lawyer since they won't see jail time. We really thought they were finally admitting they have nothing so they put us together for next appearance. Then the officer footage evidence came. Now we don't know! I'll say this - BRING IT MAINE. We are INNOCENT and we will NOT take a plea deal. Covid exists and we haven't brought our children in public since 3/12/20. We homeschool. Screw the state.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hunter J Tzovarras
Hunter J Tzovarras pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Bangor, ME
  • Licensed in Maine

A: The prosecutor is required to turn over all evidence and information they have on your case, including any exculpatory evidence, up until the point the case is dismissed or finished. If they have not turned over something, you should bring it to the Judge's attention at the next court date, and send a written request to the DA's office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.