Atlanta, GA asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Georgia

Q: what should I do?

in 2017 my daughter's father passed away and I was scared so I gave my mom temporary guardianship I I get my daughter every weekend and and take care of her financially however how do I go about trying to get have or some financial help from my daughter's SSI that my mom received for for help with my daughter because I I take care of her just as much as my mom

1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should consult with an attorney who can review the facts of the case in detail and provide you with direction. We need to know if you want your daughter back in your custody or you are just wanting some of the money from SSI. We need more details.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.