Asked in Criminal Law and Family Law for Georgia

Q: Can a magistrate judge file a warrant for me using printed fb comments my wife printed from a fake profile she saidimade

She applied for a warrant and had printed comments from fb that she said I had made during the hearing with no proofimadeit

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Kim
John Kim
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Duluth, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If your wife filed for a private warrant application, then you should receive notice of the hearing, where you will have an opportunity to cross-examine any witnesses, view/challenge any evidence, and defend yourself. It is very important that you attend, otherwise it is likely the Court will only hear her side of the case. After all the evidence is presented, the Court will determine if there is probable cause to support a warrant for a criminal charge. I recommend speaking with an experience criminal defense attorney to potentially help you defend against her claims. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.