Colorado Springs, CO asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Colorado

Q: how to get support order from evasive father. process started 3x since 2016

first attempt in 2016 included a dna test from guy i was married to at time of birth, not the father but because i was married they told me to leave father part blank on his birth certificate. this attempt was instigated when i was approved for tanf after having to leave our home due to my mothers nonsense.

this nonsense resulted in false accusations with cps the following year and i spent 3 years doing an insane amount of jumping through flaming hoops to have him returned to me from my mothers narcissistic control of my reality. the county tried to have him served at least twice in those years and still no orde. court docs list him as father the case. he never engaged at all.

i now have full custody and tax rights. to escape my mother we moved in w dad it has been a year and aside from the roof over our head (Grateful!) he has not financially contributed. pretends he doesn't exist for the most part. literallyi need support ordered before we move on. how does he evade this?

1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko PRO label
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You can contact child support enforcement for assistance in child support matters. If you have already contacted them, they are the agency who can answer questions about what has happened in your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.