Denver, CO asked in Divorce for Colorado

Q: File for a divorce. First initial conference is next week. But want to cancel it

File for a divorce. Using a lawyer. First initial conference is next week. The respondent has not file a response. Change of mind and heart. Can the stipulated motion to dismissed be file by petition it self, without the lawyer? Thank you in advance for your help.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Hyland Barrett III
John Hyland Barrett III
  • Louisville, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You will have to go through your lawyer. Your lawyer should not have a problem with this. If your lawyer is unwilling to do this, you can ask the lawyer to withdraw and then you can file it yourself. This could also be handled at the initial status conference.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.