Asked in Domestic Violence for Tennessee

Q: What can you do if arrested for domestic violence but you were the victim and will this show on my record

Didn’t want my relative going to jail and kids might have lied on her behalf scared for her to go or just plan evil and I’m a cna I can’t get a job with a assault charge showing will this show up was told it shows up now and still where I was arrested even if it was dismissed I’m really worried how that could effect me getting jobs and going to nursing school cna n nurses can not have any type of abusive records and I never hit the person I was literally attacked n they called the police like I was the bad person

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Hire a competent attorney. You will need to work out some type of Diversion, Dismissal and Expungement. Domestic Assault is worse than some Felonies. Do not get in any more trouble. Prepare for your Preliminary Hearing now.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.