Saint Joseph, MI asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Georgia

Q: I'd like to know what I need to file to get full custody of my children. I currently have joint legal custody.

My ex currently has them though he pawns them off on his parents. I had to move out of state to get away from his abuse.

my children are not being abused. However he seems to think he can tell me I can't have them. I need help. He's also claiming them on taxes even though our divorce decree says otherwise. He won't give me their socials. He said I've pushed the issue too much and he's filing child support against me. Even though we agreed to not go that route in our divoce,

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should consult with an attorney who can review the facts of the case in detail and help you with the proper course of action to address the situation. An attorney can help you seek a custody modification.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.