Portland, OR asked in Contracts, Employment Law, Business Law and Small Claims for Oregon

Q: I signed a paper in November saying I was getting a dollar raise I have not received my raise yet.

I signed a paper saying I was getting a dollar raise back in November, we are now in January and I have not received my raise on my paychecks. My pay stubs still say the same amount. I have talked to my boss more than one time about this and was told the bookkeeper was going to fix this but has not yet. I feel like this is not right and I don't feel like I should even be working until I get paid the money that is owed from that raise. What should I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
  • Hillsboro, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: Other than quitting, or bugging them, they really is not much you can do until you are no longer employed there. Once you leave, assuming they do not fix it, then you have some options that will get you the back wages and likely penalties as well.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.