Apopka, FL asked in Probate for Florida

Q: Homeowner ins won't send refund to me. House is now in my name. Summary admin. Husband accts closed. Now what?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lauren Nagel Richardson
Lauren Nagel Richardson
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Gainesville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You may need to have your probate lawyer file an amended petition for summary administration to include this refund on the amended petition and proposed amended order of summary administration as an asset, so that you can use the court order to get the refund issued in your name. Another option is for your attorney to submit a proposed amended order of summary administration and ask the court to include the language "rest, residue and remainder of estate" to you, and then you can use this amended order to have any future refund checks reissued to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.