Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Georgia

Q: My boyfriend was arrested on cruelty to children in 3rd degree but the child was not present at all

I have text messages from the ex girl friend stating she met the police at the mother of the child's house. I have a bunch of evidence supporting that he was not there and the police were not called nobody went to jail that night it was 2 weeks later that they came to serve the warrants and he went and turned himself in the mother of the child was pushing the issue the next day after the incident and now is reaching out to us for help we are just trying to get the bond stipulation changed. We have a witness that the police didn't and still will not take the statement from.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Are you working with an attorney regarding the case? If not, he may want to retain one so that he can address this legally. Consult with an attorney who can review the facts of the case in detail and present you with the options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.