Cary, IL asked in Bankruptcy for Wisconsin

Q: Is there a way to track the exact date an employer receives a copy of a court order lowering Ch. 13 payments?

I received a court ordered reduction in my Ch. 13 repayment plan almost two months ago and received my copy of the order a month ago yet my employer claims they have not received the order yet and thus have not lowered my payments. My employer is notorious for delaying changes to employees garnishments so before proceeding any further, I am trying to find out if they indeed have or have not received the order and if they did, exactly when. I acknowledge the possibility they did not but this is an ongoing problem with this employer and garnishments for some reason so its a good bet they did receive it and for whatever reason just have bot implemented the changes..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: You can establish the mailing date to the employer by checking PACER. That’s about as close as you can get.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.