Alamosa, CO asked in Divorce for Colorado

Q: Hi i have questions about a divorce i filed for i was 15 when i met my husband and he was 32 now divorcing

The time we were together not only was i not old enough to work but when i was he didnt let me he said only whores worked especially when they had a man to take care of them and then when i had kids and told him i wanted to work he said whores that wanted to get away from their kids wanted to work after having kids well 14yrs later we separate do to him having three somes during work hours well im at home with 5 kids well i gave him a chance after words and he cheated again and i said no more and well then now 5 years later i filed for divorce because he would say he was going to and never did and i was tired of him still holding marriage over my head but we havnt lived together but he still paid my rent and gave me money up until i filed for divorce and now he keeps threating me that he is not gonna be paying me nothing and is like scaring me because i dont know anything about the world or how things work because he had me so confined to just being a house with with no out side world.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Hyland Barrett III
John Hyland Barrett III
  • Louisville, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You may be eligible for maintenance and child support in the divorce. This will depend on his income compared to yours. You should get a lawyer to help you with this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.