Lisle, IL asked in Car Accidents for Wisconsin

Q: Semi vs sedan accident

My dad hit a car with his semi truck and trailer. Driver and him agreed not to call the cops and for my dad to pay cash now he is asking for more money to fix the car. when we asked for an estimate, he refused.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Wisconsin attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. I'm sorry this happened to your dad. He may want to consider a consult with an attorney because this might not end here. If the matter continues unresolved, or the other person develops injuries, then it's possible your dad could find himself in a position later in time down the road where his insurance company would not defend because they were not placed on notice in a timely manner. I'm not saying that would happen - it's just a possibility in the hypothetical, which is why a consult with a Wisconsin attorney could be worth considering because it could help your dad sort out his options and make a sound decision. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.