Hanover, MD asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: it's my turn to claim my daughter, but father won't give me 1095A to file. He has insurance for her. what do i do?

We rotate years. He has her on his insurance. IRS keep rejecting because i don't have information to fill that part out on taxes. I don't know how to get around it. He just got insurance some time last year.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew J Ausley
Matthew J Ausley
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You are asking a little bit of a tax question and a little bit of a Family Law question. The place to start is to look at the language of the court order that directs the actions of the parties. What the order specifically says will be very important. You can file a motion for enforcement if he is refusing to do what he is required to do by the order. Sometimes, it is possible to recover money if you were entitled to it in the order and he didn't comply with the order. Most Family Law attorneys could make quick work of this with a simple hearing in front of the judge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.