Chicago, IL asked in Traffic Tickets for Illinois

Q: I was found guilty on a traffic ticket because I missed court how do I motion it back into court

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dan Nold
Dan Nold
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Crystal Lake, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Depending on how long ago you missed court, you may want to contact an attorney. If it was within 30 days, you can go to the clerk's office and pay them $40 and file a motion to vacate. This will bring the case back into court. You can still do so if it was more than 30 days ago, but your chances definitely decrease.

This process also depends on the court and prosecutor, so a local traffic attorney should probably be consulted for the best results.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.