Toms River, NJ asked in Child Custody, Domestic Violence and Family Law for Georgia

Q: What is the legal term used when a child tells a mother that "daddy wants to kill you"

I'm a mentor for a woman in Georgia and I live in New Jersey and this poor woman has been put through hell &her 4 children are in temp custody of their abusive twisted husband and one conversation she had with her 4yr old, said "daddy wants to kill you" Now I don't know how this man is able to be free let alone alive, bc I'd kill him!! But this is not hear say on what her 4yr old daughter said. I've heard these recordings!! The father is A typical for being controlling, intimidating abusive physically &emotionally to all children& Lord only knows what else.Her 1st lawyer was a heroine addict& committed suicide &his wife was arrested 2 days later for God knows what, you people should know exactly what I'm talking about!! Her 2nd lawyer had heart surgery &no one bothered to tell her t till months later she was informed. And again left without answers

1 Lawyer Answer
Joshua Schiffer
Joshua Schiffer
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: She needs a wholesale revisiting of her case by a Domestic Violence Social Worker who can coordinate appropriate legal assistance as this is a multifacted situation. The Child is in need of protection, and that should be coordinated likely with some state agencies due to her instability and lack of ability to fully protect her and the child. Law Enforcement, in my experience, would take those recordings very seriously and likely arrest the person making the statements/threats under several possible code section violations. A stop off with the sheriff is a must.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.