Piscataway, NJ asked in Child Custody for New Jersey

Q: I am plaintiff and Prose in my New Jersey child custody case, I have sent Discovery documents to Defendant attorney

am plaintiff and Prose in my New Jersey child custody case, I have sent Discovery documents to Defendant attorney, I did not received response. Its more than 40 days. Summon says 30 days. What do I do now?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bari Weinberger
Bari Weinberger
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Parsippany, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Thank you for your inquiry. I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this difficult time. If the other side is not complying with deadlines set by the Court, it would be appropriate for you to send a letter detailing the deficiencies and then file an application with the Court to enforce the prior Order. Custody litigation is extremely difficult and the exchange of information can also be hard to navigate. I highly recommend that you schedule a strategy session with an experienced attorney who can provide additional information and guidance to help you navigate the litigation process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.